Michael Stravato / for msnbc.com
Sandra and Shanoop Kothari of Houston hold a photo of their two children, Hannah and Harrison. After a routine surgery for a benign cyst, Harrison Kothari, 2, died last year of bacterial meningitis caused by Bacillus cereus, a rare bacterium that was later linked to the recall of millions of alcohol prep wipes.
JoNel Aleccia, msnbc.com health reporter
Investigators say it's a growing problem in neighborhoods across America: women lured to the United States from Latin America by the promise of jobs and a better life, only to be forced into sex work. NBC's Richard Lui reports.